March 19, 2008

The Comeback Challenge Round 56 ~ The Queen of Sheeba Shows Up



And just when I thought I'd cornered the market on Queens.

It is time once again to announce the winner of this week's Comeback Challenge. I always look forward to this part of the competition. Why? Because you make me laugh.

It's been a strange and unorthodox week on this blog. In addition to the "usual suspects" who never cease to amaze me with their comic creativity, we have one of the regulars showing up with royalty. Challenger #3 decided to answer the questions as if he were a real Queen. He brought Cleopatra? On MY blog? How dare he! Everybody knows I'm the real Queen.....Don't they?
Let's see what the rest of the crew had to say. I feel a dungeon fit coming on!


Challenger #1 
1. Let's hang it sideways in an open lot.
I don’t know. I think it sounds painful. = 2
2. A Loyal Gentleman With Good Roots.
If he had to go court and everyone knew he would lose, they’d say: He
hasn’t a root to stand on. =2

3. Step up to the plate.

OK, but even one heater that’s too close to my noggin and I’m outta here. =2
4. This ride ain't over yet...get on.

Everyone keep their hands inside your seat until this read has come
to a complete stop. =3
5. Five People Rolled Into One Seeks Same.

In other words, “Multiple personality disordered man seeks
same. There would be ten of us. How cool is this gonna
be! =2

6. I will need to hoo you.

I can see why’d you think that. It seems to be a common observation people have after spending time with me. I won’t hoo you. Sorry. =17. I'm tired of being an "Idiot Magnet."
Always lead with your biggest fear or weakness. It is so easy to
find more idiots who’d know how to manipulate without
wasting the waiting to actually get to know the people
that you sleep with. =2

8. You had me at Hellno!

You didn’t have me at all.
Look, you’ve got to pick the right song. At this stage
of the competition you have got to bring your “A” game
each and every time. I was bored to tears. Sorry! =2
9. Over forty victim of fate.

So you quote obscure Jimmy Buffett songs. That’s a talent I am sure you use
a lot! =1

10. My Boat Needs An Anchor.

And your head needs a brain. Dude it must suck to be you. =3

Tie-Breaker: I Gots What You Need.
If it’s brains, go help the whack job from the last question. =2

Total points of Bud Weiser = 20 (Tied with Frank for first place/22 points with tie-breaker)

Challenger #2
from Singapore

1. Let's hang it sideways in an open lot.
Sorry, I don't air my dirty laundry in public. =2
2. A Loyal Gentleman With Good Roots
Here boy! Fetch the stick! That's a good boy! =1
3. Step up to the plate
Didn't your mama teach you not to play with your food? =24. This ride ain't over yet...get on.
Didn't you see the notice "Only 1 kid at a time" beside the coin slot? =1
5. Five People Rolled Into One Seeks Same
Stop arguing with yourself. Split personality can be cured. Call 1900-NOT-MENTAL now! =36. I will need to hoo you.
You will need me than a fake ID to scare me. =1
7. I'm tired of being an "Idiot Magnet."
Luckily in this case, the phrase 'opposites attract' does not hold true. =2
8. You had me at Hellno!
And if you still don't leave, the next line will be 'Pepper Spray' =19. Over forty victim of fate
Welcome to the senior citizen's dating corner. =110. My Boat Needs An Anchor
Heaven's sakes Timmy, how long are you going to stay in that tub? =3
Tie-Breaker: I Gots What You Need
You're late. The weeds in the garden need trimming. =1




Total points for Anyhow = 17


Challenger #3 Frank from Canada (who did not play it straight) These are comebacks from Queens! (and I don't mean New York)

1. Let's hang it sideways in an open lot.
No Mark, my Obelisk must stand erect in the center of my courtyard for eons to come for my subjects to honor my ascension to Godhood, not just haphazardly hung mocking man's shortcomings. Away with you, and don't let my snake bite you in the asp on the way out. -- Cleopatra Queen of Egypt =2
2. A Loyal Gentleman With Good Roots
See, I knew there was a peanut under my mattress. --Catherine the Great of Russia =2
3. Step up to the plate

You know that's not an appropriate thing to ask a Queen. Oh my Lord! You meant MY head. -- Mary Queen of Scots =3

4. This ride ain't over yet...get on.
I'll see if Solomon 'll tally me banana. Tis daylight come, I think I'll go home. -- Queen of Sheeba =1
5. Five People Rolled Into One Seeks Same
But Dodi, my driver will take us, we don't need to carpool. -- Princess Dianna (I'll probably be kicked out of the Common Wealth for that one) =26. I will need to hoo you.
How did you know my Spirit Guide is an owl. John? -- Pocahontas =37. I'm tired of being an "Idiot Magnet."
That is because there is just no chemistry between us. -- Marie Curie (Queen of Physics and Chemistry) =38. You had me at Hellno!
Hell ya I had you at Hellno. That's cuz this momma's talkin an youse doin the walking. Uhhuh! The hand now sugar, youse talkin to the hand. -- Queen Latifa (of Revlon) =29. Over forty victim of fate
Don't be blowing out my candle yet, there's still some legend left in me. Sir Elton John (Queen of Knights) =110. My Boat Needs An Anchor

What is a with you sailor men? I send a one out to find India, and Christofo go and a land a in Americas. I finance a no more Armadas. -- Queen Isabella =1

Tie-Breaker: I Gots What You Need
It was just a song, and did I even mention Fat Bottomed Boys? -- Freddie Mercury (King of Queen) =1



Total points for Frank = 20 Tied with Bud for 1st place/ 21 points with tie-breaker

Challenger #4 rom the great state of Michigan from My Life As We Think I Know It

1. Let's hang it sideways in an open lot.
pervert =2





2. A Loyal Gentleman With Good Roots
Hair implants doesn't neccessarily make them good roots =1
3. Step up to the plate

no =1


4. This ride ain't over yet...get on.
sure, where do you get off? =2


5. Five People Rolled Into One Seeks Same
you're schitzophrenic and so are you and you and you and you... =2
6. I will need to hoo you.
And I will need to shoo you away =3

7. I'm tired of being an "Idiot Magnet."
That's good that you aspire to just being an idiot =2

8. You had me at Hellno!
Yes I may have you, but if I were atop a skyscraper, I would let you go =1

9. Over forty victim of fate
That's a lot of victim, I prefer destiny to fate =1

10. My Boat Needs An Anchor
They're pretty easy to make, here, stand in this bucket of cement =3
Tie-Breaker: I Gots What You Need
What's that, A way out of here? =2

Total points for Spinnerz = 18

Thanks for playing. See you after Easter! Have a safe and wonderful holiday.
Congratulations to Bud for 1st place win
2nd place - Frank from Honk 'n Hollr
3rd place - Spinnerz from My Life As We Think I Know It



1 comment:

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Dear Queen-

We humbly accept the victory. Ours is but to serve. I just this second thought of something. If I make a Queen laugh, am I nothing but the court jester????