March 5, 2008

Comeback Challenge Round 55
I Drive a Very Conservative Car

Welcome to The Comeback Challenge Round 55 Results posts. Whew! Tough questions and a very close race. Without further ado........the contestants brought the snark. Here it is.
Read it and laugh!



Contestant #1 from Michigan ~ Spinners ~ My Life As We Think I Know It


1. Act Now While Supplies Last!
I know, plus shipping and handling, no COD's blah blah blah, you're just like all the other annoying infomercials. No thanks, turning my channel =1



2. Let's Drive Topless!
You're scaring my puppy =2




3. Dance Like My Shoes Don't Fit!
No thanks Bozo =3


4. No Such Thing As Too Much Cheese!Wanna bet?=1

5. I Seized the day once, it was nice!
Let me guess, you ate too much cheese, put on your clown shoes and drove around topless =2

6. I'm Itchin' For a Hitchin'!!! K I'll tie you to my bumper = 3
7. Takes 2 2 Tang!(me pointing east) Look a 2 2 twain (me running west) =2
8. Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

FBI...hands against the wall =2

9. Take me by the hand and we will see!

I already have a puppy to walk and he just watered your shoe. =2
10. You Had me At Get Lost!
Yet you're still here. Okay, okay, here's a map, follow it til you get to a place called Siberia then light it afire for heat. =2


Tie-Breaker: Must Microwave Cats!PETA...up against the wall =2

Total points for Spinners = 20

Contestant #2 The Meme-Dodger Bond from The Big Leather Meme-Dodging Couch in Memphis, Tennessee

1. Act Now While Supplies Last!
As long as there is a 30 day return policy =2
2. Let's Drive Topless!
You have a head-start since you obviously do not have any brains =1

3. Dance Like My Shoes Don't Fit!
They would fit better if you had them on the correct feet =2

4. No Such Thing As Too Much Cheese!


Great...go grab that piece over there in that over-sized mouse trap =1



5. I Seized the day once, it was nice!'Now if only the authorities would seize you =2

6. I'm Itchin' For a Hitchin'!!!
I'm prayin' for a slayin'....YOURS =2

7. Takes 2 2 Tang!
In your case 2 + 2 = ZERO =2

8. Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

No, but what I wouldn't give for a set of handcuffs and a gag for you =1

9. Take me by the hand and we will see!
Close your eyes and I will run =3

10. You Had me At Get Lost!
Then let me totally woo you with "Drop dead" =3

Tie-Breaker: Must Microwave Cats!

Must Nuke You =1


Total points for Bond = 19







Contestant #3
Bud Weiser from The WTIT Tape Radio Station where the answers to this week's challenge are posted as a regular feature on his hilarious site.


1. Act Now While Supplies Last!
Do you get the feeling this is a sale that will never end? =2

2. Let's Drive Topless!
If by topless you mean brainless, I am sure you do topless a lot. =2

3. Dance Like My Shoes Don't Fit!
I only have that happen if I dress quickly before her husband arrives. -2
4. No Such Thing As Too Much Cheese!
If you are talking swiss, there’s some holes in your theory. =3


5. I Seized the day once, it was nice!I wondered what happened to that day. Thanks. =3

6. I'm Itchin' For a Hitchin'!!!
I’m guessing you’re cruisin’ for a brusin’ =3

7. Takes 2 2 Tang!
Besides being too lazy to actually spell two words, only one of the two that you actual write is wrong. =2
8. Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Officer, you just pulled me over. I’d say you do. = 1



9. Take me by the hand and we will see!
Whether your arm falls off? = 1
10. You Had me At Get Lost!
I will really have you at “get arrested”. =2

Tie-Breaker: Must Microwave Cats!

So, you own a Chinese restaurant. =3


Total points for
Bud Weiser = 21




Contestant #4 Anyhow Blogs from Singapore
1. Act Now While Supplies Last!Sorry, but you seem to be past your expiry date. I think you've been left on the shelf for too long.=2
2. Let's Drive Topless!




Sorry, I drive a very conservative car. It doesn't like go topless on the first date.=3



3. Dance Like My Shoes Don't Fit!
And let you step all over my toes? No way! =2


4. No Such Thing As Too Much Cheese!
No wonder you've got a mouse problem. =1


5. I Seized the day once, it was nice!
That was because no one else was vying for it. =3




6. I'm Itchin' For a Hitchin'!!!
Actually that's just the effects of the bottle of icthy powder I dumped into your pants. =2



7. Takes 2 2 Tang!
But it only takes 1 to make a complete fool of himself. =3



8. Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
He really wanted to be a girl scout but nobody approved. See what happened to him now? =2



9. Take me by the hand and we will see!
I don't need to touch you to see that you're a loser. =1
10. You Had me At Get Lost!
That's why people hate getting lost. =3
Tie-Breaker: Must Microwave Cats!
They are actually much nicer when you don't try to cook them. =1

Total points for Anyhow = 22


Contestant #5 "Backwards" Frank (and I mean that in the kindest regard) who decided to play the contest this week BEFORE he saw the questions. Go
here for the hilarious scoop. Frank actually devised comebacks FIRST - complete with graphics - and waited to see if they would be funny when the questions were finally posted. They were! He called it Extra Comebackulatory Perception. Here are Frank's bizarre answers. It's uncanny how some of them fit.


1. Act Now While Supplies Last!
No, let me count the ways___Out! =3
2. Let's Drive Topless!
So you want to leave a rippling impression--there's the lake. =2

3. Dance Like My Shoes Don't Fit!
I took eight years of Ballet, now watch me split! =3
4. No Such Thing As Too Much Cheese!
There's plenty of fish in a Sushi Bar too, Doesn't mean I want a roll. =2
5. I Seized the day once, it was nice!
If you see Kay,Oh, If, If. =2 (Frank.......)
6. I'm Itchin' For a Hitchin'!!!
You should be aware that I've buried all my EX's in Texas. You've been warned. =3

7. Takes 2 2 Tang!
CTRL+ALT+DEL] [Rebooting] Ahhhhhhh! Now that's refreshing! =3

8. Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
With a line like that, you should be good at baiting. So go for your Masters. =2

9. Take me by the hand and we will see!
Ok, I'll bite---Literally. =2

10. You Had me At Get Lost!
"Off with his head!" Ummm. Sorry, just had a past life regression memory there. You were saying? =1

Tie-Breaker: Must Microwave Cats!
My favorite song was called, "All by Myself." Get it? =1

Total points for Foxxfyree's Honk 'n Hollr = 23

Contestant #6 Lee from Tarheel Ramblings (recent winner of a Rising Blogger award)


1. Act Now While Supplies Last!
Promise me this is your going out of business sale. =3

2. Let's Drive Topless!
That's easy for you, you're bald! =2


3. Dance Like My Shoes Don't Fit!
I think I saw you on Dancing with the Crippled. =2

4. No Such Thing As
Too Much Cheese!
Just as I thought...you're a rat! =2

5. I Seized the day once, it was nice!
Give it back before you ruin it. =3
6. I'm Itchin' For a Hitchin'!!!
One case of flea powder coming up.' =2
7. Takes 2 2 Tang!
No thanks. I prefer real orange juice. =1
8. Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
No, I said bandages. With that face I thought you had been badly injured in an accident. =1
9. Take me by the hand and we will see!
Who do you think you are? A faith healer curing the blind? =2
10. You Had me At Get Lost!
Even my decision to not be subtle was lost on you, wasn't it? =2
Total points for Lee = 20


Congratulations to Frank and his reverse mentality for 1st place this week
2nd place (and a close 2nd ) Anyhow Blogs from Singapore
Goodnite and thanks for playing The Comeback Challenge.
I really appreciate your participation week after week. You make me laugh!

2 comments:

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

grabs a brown bottle and breaks it on the sidewalk....

Frank Sirianni said...

Oh no, please tell me it wasn't the Grande Marnier you broke Bond.