March 1, 2008

The Comeback Challenge Round 55 ~
Backwards? Let's Rewind!





Postlude to the Prelude.


Anyone feel like Jeopardy? Here's what I wrote earlier this evening to set the stage for this strange contest:

I'll admit this competition has been a bit scattered lately. A meme-fire out of control has kept me occupied this week. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. But never in my wildest dreams did I think one of my regular contestants would become so bored waiting on me creative that he would post the answers before I posted the questions.
Leave it to Frank.



I received an email from the Canadian with too much time on his hands with his usual unique and cerebral slant who informed me first of all DO NOT READ THIS EMAIL (I thought, Frank...what have you been smoking?) and then proceeded to explain that he'd posted the answers before I posted the questions to the challenge I haven't even written yet. Are you confused?

I was.

So I went to his site this morning to find a post that I shouldn't be reading and didn't read it....well, maybe a little. It's very funny! (But I didn't read it.....) So this evening while I worked on Dating Challenge Round 55...etc. I must admit I was quite curious to see how his precombackulatory answers would fit into these questions. Alex Trebek would be proud I'm sure. batch of ridiculous profile lines, take a moment to click over and read Frank's insanity.

Comeback Challenge Round 55 - Questions FIRST. Answers LATER.

I don't know what he was thinking but isn't that the way a contest should be run? The deadline is extended until TUESDAY NIGHT AT MIDNIGHT. Rules are posted at the bottom. Remember - spelling errors and all other grammatical insanity belongs to the original profiles.


And here they are. Fresh out of the dating cesspool.
They were an excited bunch.
All exclamation points.

All stupid.





1. Act Now While Supplies Last!


2. Let's Drive Topless!


3. Dance Like My Shoes Don't Fit!


4. No Such Thing As Too Much Cheese!


5. I Seized the day once, it was nice!


6. I'm Itchin' For a Hitchin'!!!


7. Takes 2 2 Tang!


8. Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!


9. Take me by the hand and we will see!


10. You Had me At Get Lost!


Tie-Breaker: Must Microwave Cats!




1. I've posted ten headlines and/or essay snippets below. Write a comedic response. Spelling errors are from original profiles and not my own.
2. You have until 11:59 pm TUESDAY EST to send in your answers via email. VERY IMPORTANT: Type "Dating Comeback Challenge" in the subject line and include the name and url of your blog.
3. I try to keep this as family-friendly as possible without sacrificing humor I will not post inappropriate, mean-spirited, or sexually explicit responses. Some comebacks are unavoidably sexual in nature. Just remember - subtle is good.
4. I will announce the winner in Wednesday's post. You will get a link back to your site, a permanent place in my sidebar and a winner's badge for your blog --plus untold fame and glory! Mostly untold.
Good luck!

2 comments:

Frank Sirianni said...

Haha. I wasn't expecting this, but thanks. Call it a 'brainfart' or whatever, but I had lots of fun putting it together.
Can't wait for the real questions now. It's like how Jeopardy should really be played. ggg

ttfn

Frank Sirianni said...

Hi Mimi

I've been pretty busy this week, so I'm not sure if I'll be in the competition....
...What's that Lola? What do you mean I've played it already? Oh right...uhmmm...never mind.

(Darned time warps)

gigigig