February 2, 2008

The Comeback Challenge ~ Round 53
It's Sad To Loose The Moments




I've done some challenges in my time. I've seen some scary bachelor profiles. Out of curiousity and to appease my inner machochist, I've even replied to a few. I call these "Moments of Great Insanity" in the life of Mimi Lenox. However, tonight.... I've reached a new low in bachelor fodder. And this after I weeded out the most sexually bizarre and low class profiles??! This IS the cream of the crop of middle American online dating, folks. Or I could be wrong. Let's hope I am.

Just when I thought it couldn't get stranger, I find Bachelor #9 who writes, "I link therefor I am." And he's not even a blogger! I checked.


I was about to call it a day when tie-breaker Bachelor chimed in with this little revelation. The headline to his profile read......"My Last Horrah."

Do you know what a horrah is? Click here for the sad definition in the Urban Dictionary. I had to look, didn't I......I think this is going to be an unbleepably bleepable competition. I'll try to have mercy.
And why is there a picture of a mechanice's hands? See Bachelor #1.

I'm going to bed now. It's been a long day. I can't take anymore!

Time to play the game. Rules posted at the bottom of this post. Remember: spelling errors not by own. Last week's winner was Lee from Tarheel Ramblings. He's the man to beat this week. Good luck!



1. I can fix your car.

2. I think it really sad to know that time really flies when you have fun and I want to fly real slow.....Because I dont want to loose the moments...

3. What u c is what u get.

4. I am not just a man of funny sometimes disturbing pictures and no words

5. From the ashes rises Spirit and Magik

6. Frick Looking For Frack

7. I know it's there..somewhere” (don't make me bleep ya)

8. Hey!Wadda you know don't gotil youknow M

9. “I link therefor I am”

10. I am easy to get along with,even befor you know me
Tie-Breaker: My last Horrah



1. I've posted ten headlines and/or essay snippets below. Write a comedic response. Spelling errors are from original profiles and not my own.

2. You have until 11:59 pm MONDAY EDT to send in your answers via email. VERY IMPORTANT: Type "Dating Comeback Challenge" in the subject line and include the name and url of your blog.

3. I try to keep this as family-friendly as possible without sacrificing humor I will not post inappropriate, mean-spirited, or sexually explicit responses. Some comebacks are unavoidably sexual in nature. Just remember - subtle is good.

4. I will announce the winner in Wednesday's post. You will get a link back to your site, a permanent place in my sidebar and a winner's badge for your blog --plus untold fame and glory! Mostly untold.
Good luck!

No comments: