October 9, 2007

The Comeback Challenge Round 44 Results
You Better Have the Dough and A Very Large Swatter



There are answers and then there are answers. Sometimes a contestant's personality shines through the answer and you just have to laugh because well.....they have their own style. Take Frank's answer to question #5. Classic Frank.  And then there's Anyhow who always brings a young fresh perspective to this competition. He's too young to know about the pitfalls of marriage, divorce, remarriage, relationship and re-relationship and yet he gave one of the funniest -and mature - comebacks to question #3 on the subject of matrimony.

One-of-a-kind answers and a three-way tie. All we needed was a big fly swatter to get to the bottom of the competition. No need for the magic bleeper. Everyone behaved themselves with equal snark and witticism. And I do mean equal. A three-way tie??!

We had to rely on the "bar fly" question to break the dreaded quandry.


Here's what happened.

Contestant #1

1. A Ray of Sunshine in a World of Gloom.
This glass is half empty, isn’t it? =2
2. I am disabled. I was marred for eighteen years. '
That would disable anybody. =1
3. I'm single again. Been married 2x to the wrong woman.
One time with her didn’t convince you? I don’t do seconds even for dessert. =2
4. Be My Spatula.

I think you are destined to flip yourself. =3
5. My best feature are my eyes. I have two of them and they are blue.
You don’t say. There are a lot of women prefer three… =2
6. I with to be happy from the frist time we meet and stay on cloud 9 until I draw my last breath on this earth.
The sad part here is that I fear English is this moron’s native tongue. =1
7. I am just getting out of a rather lengthy imprisonment and I am a bit unsure of this whole on line dating thing.
Calling all masochists! We’ve got a good one here! =2
8. Life is not measured in how many breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take it away! I want someone to hold me.
A pithy cliché and then it’s all about you. God help the woman who meets you. =2
9. Seeking Woman With a Snorkel.

You see a lot of those women walking around. Good luck with that. =2

10. I'm what Willis was Talking 'Bout!
I have no clue what you mean but I will defend to the death your right to confuse me. =1
Tie-Breaker: Can't Stand Another Bar Fly.
You don’t need a date. You need a very large swatter. =3




Total points for contestant #1: 18 + 3 =21
Contestant #2

1. A Ray of Sunshine in a World of Gloom
Yes I am. =1
2. I am disabled. I was marred for eighteen years.
Who polished you up? =1
3. I'm single again. Been married 2x to the wrong woman.
3x lucky! Go on, x her again. 2x dare you. =2
4. Be My Spatula

You'd better have the dough. =3
5. My best feature are my eyes. I have two of them and they are blue.
My best feature is my positive outlook, and for you that's; no; nada; nien; HET; nao; not; never in a millions years; I'll call you, really--*click*; I have a headache; I'm doing my hair; My nails aren't dry; My ex is coming over; Jupiter and Venus are not in alignment; Buh-bye. =2
6. I with to be happy from the frist time we meet and stay on cloud 9 until I draw my last breath on this earth
Just what I need, another copy editor. =2
7. .I am just getting out of a rather lengthy imprisonment and I am a bit unsure of this whole on line dating thing
That's just cell-mate separation anxiety. You'll get over it--elsewhere. =2
8. Life is not measured in how many breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take it away! I want someone to hold me.
Reading this IS one of THOSE moments. =2

 
9. Seeking Woman With a Snorkel
Another hairless monkey with a water fetish. Sorry, we're just oceans apart. =1

10. I'm what Willis was Talking 'Bout!
Different Strokes just isn't my cup of tea. =2
Tie-Breaker: Can't Stand Another Bar Fly
So, you want to go clubbing tonight? =1


Total points for Frank = 18 +1 = 19


Contestant #3
1. A Ray of Sunshine in a World of Gloom
Erm, that's just my torchlight dude. =1
2. I am disabled. I was marred for eighteen years.
Which kind-hearted soul would take care of someone like you for eighteen years? =2
3. I'm single again. Been married 2x to the wrong woman.
Which just means you're 2x the wrong man. =3

4. Be My Spatula
Sorry, I'm more of an egg beater kinda person. =2
5. My best feature are my eyes. I have two of them and they are blue.
You must be a pretty sad sight, stating the fact that having 2 eyes is your best feature. =2
6. I with to be happy from the frist time we meet and stay on cloud 9 until I draw my last breath on this earth
I think you've been reading too many fairy tales. Happy ever after only happens in story books darling. =1
7. .I am just getting out of a rather lengthy imprisonment and I am a bit unsure of this whole on line dating thing
To make things simple, how about you go back to your comfort zone? =18. Life is not measured in how many breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take it away! I want someone to hold me.
Try jumping off a cliff without a parachute. I'm sure that will take your breath away. =2
9. Seeking Woman With a Snorkel
Seeking man with a fortune, and no oxygen tank. =3
10. I'm what Willis was Talking 'Bout!
So that's what he meant when he said "Some people are not even worth taking a chance on!" =1

 
Tie-Breaker: Can't Stand Another Bar Fly
Here, take my fly swap, hope it brings you luck. =2



Total points for Anyhow =18 + 2 =20



And so......Contestant #1 recaptures the title with a score of 21 points.

2nd place is our friend from Singapore - Anyhow Blogs - with a score of 20

Frank weighs in third place with a score of 19

Well done, guys! I laughed my prissy behind off.

Thanks for playing.
We enjoyed your zaniness!

No comments: