May 29, 2007

Bachelor #212 ~ What's It All About, Affie?

Afghan Heritage with a Lassie Look - the love of my life. Read on.

Isn't he handsome? Stately. On ready-set-go at all times. Sophisticated even. My kind of guy. Bachelor #193 writes,
"I like to think of myself as a dog. Dogs love their owners and are very devoted to them, follow them everywhere, wait around for them, want attention from them, make them mad sometimes, make lots of messes, wants to play around."

I tried to take this out of context. Really I did.

Then I tried to make it make sense. Really I did.

But if he insists on being a dog, at least I should get to choose the breed and variety.I choose the Afghan Hound for the following reasons.

Affie is slim, trim and ethnically appropriate:
Weight: male: 60
Height: male: 27
Color(s): all colors permissible except spotted


Affie won't take up much time in the bathroom:Coat: The Afghan Hound has a thick and silky coat with a very fine texture to it on the ribs, the legs, and hindquarters. There are many requirements for the coat, one being that it should never be trimmed, and should remain natural. The hair on the ears and feet are feathered.

Affie would make the perfect party date: The Afghan Hound has grown in popularity and makes a wonderful companion. Aloof, elegant and devoted, this breed is also very loyal but can be reserved around strangers.

Affie's character is impeccable with a touch of gender confusion. I find that charming. Don't you?
Afghan Hound character: Gay, beautiful and intelligent, this breed is very often seen in the show ring. The Afghan Hound is very dignified but can be disobedient if not trained properly. Given the right home and family, this breed will become the light of your life.

Affie's personal hygiene would require those fun bubble-bath times. I can't wait!
Care: The Afghan's coat requires quite a bit of attention. Baths are necessary once a week to keep the coat from matting. Brushing the coat of this breed can make it more easily matted and can cause problems. Special grooming tools are required for this breed.

I've been waiting all my life to enroll a man in Obedience School. Here's my chance.
Training: Being that the Afghan Hound is sensitive, this breed must be trained gently, yet consistently. If not given the proper training and socialization, this breed can become destructive and disobedience. Obedience classes are recommended.

I can send him out for a run if he gets too hot. I'll never have to say "I have a headache" again. (Did I SAY that??!!)
Activity: The Afghan Hound should always have a safe and fenced area to run. This breed should also have regular walks daily. Fresh water should always be available as this breed has a long coat, which can cause him to become hot. Thirty minutes of running per day is recommended.

I'm in love.

1 comment:

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Very funny Ms Lennox~!