May 11, 2007

Saturday Comeback Challenge Round 27
The Flea Market of Life

Every week, just when I think I've exhausted all the possibilites and there can't possibly be anything left to write about - shock and awe strikes again. Why haven't these bachelors been grabbed up by Paris Hilton by now? Most will settle for a woman who loves dogs, drinks to excess and wears micro minis. So, why not? ......Walk with me through the rows of cracked cups and velvet Elvis heads. We're going to the flea market .

I hope Paris brought her credit card.

The Rules

1. I've posted ten headlines and/or essay snippets below. Spelling errors are from original profiles and not my own. Write a comedic response to any or all of these.

2. You have until 11:59 pm MONDAY EDT to send in your answers via email. Type "Saturday Comeback Challenge" in the subject line and include the name and url of your blog.


3. I try to keep this as family-friendly as possible without sacrificing humor. I won't post inappropriate or sexually explicit responses. Subtle is good!


4. I will announce the winner in Wednesday's post. You will get a link back to your site, a permanent place in my sidebar, and a winner's badge for your blog --plus untold fame and glory! (Mostly untold)



1. Higher Standard? Lower it a bit for me.

2. I am going to find someone who has this kind of open and free attitude. I’m not necessarily looking for a girl who likes to run around sticking her head into snow banks; of course, I won’t hold it against you if that’s your thing. I’m an open minded guy.

3. I live on my own with my dog and cat (not my idea).

My dog is a Daddy's girl and the cat is, well a cat.

4. What do you think? Do you think it could be you? I think it could. The future is wide open and it will be what we make of it. Anything is possible. In the words of Emerson, "If we are related, we shall meet."

5. I am looking for a woman who puts herself and others before herself. If I find this woman, I will put her before me, and she will put me before her, and in return, we will be together for ever.

6. Give Me That Funny Feeling In My Tummy

7. I Am What, I What Am

8. Eddy Needs a Teddy

9. Sometimes you find the most priceless things at a flea market. Things too good to be called 'used' or 'second hand'. That's how I think of myself. I'm separated, and hopefully soon properly divorced, and here am in the flea market of life

10. GI Joe Looking For a Connection

Tie-Breaker: Nice gay with heart, and soul


No comments: